Update 6/15: Welcome back! We are open all regular hours (9am-8pm Monday through Thursday, 9am-5pm Friday and Saturday, and 1pm-5pm on Sunday), with the following guidelines for everyone’s health and safety:
- All patrons will be required to wear a mask while in the building
- Please observe social distancing at all times
- Please keep your visit brief
- Only a limited number of computers will be available during this time, but printing and faxing are also available
- Patrons are encouraged to visit individually, rather than as a family, and please note that children younger than 12 must remain with a caregiver at all times
- Curbside requests continue to be available (please call 838-3286 to get started)
- Meeting/study rooms continue to be unavailable at this time
Our contactless Curbside Delivery service continues! Please call 812-838-3286 to speak with a staff member to begin a materials request. At that time, we’ll coordinate an appointment time for you to pick up your extended-due-date materials – we’ll place requested items directly in your trunk or at the rear of your vehicle to maintain social distancing for everyone’s health and safety. We ask that patrons limit requests to 10 items per visit, but you may return to see us as often as you’d like! In addition, our bookdrops for the return of materials are open now.
No matter if it’s day or night, our digital resources are always available right here through our website! We invite you to check out the thousands of eBooks and audiobooks available through Libby/Overdrive, peruse our variety of databases, download and stream music, read digital magazines and more!
Our Wifi is open and available 24/7 to anyone, and reaches into our parking lots and outdoor park area for anyone to use. The Wifi is open and does not require a password.
If you receive an electronic overdue/hold notification: please don’t worry. We are a fine free library, and all holds will be waiting for you when we reopen.
Need to get in touch? Send us a Facebook message or an email to email@example.com.
Pursuant to the Governor Holcomb’s Executive Order 20-26, we are posting the following publicly at our facility and here on this site:
The health and safety of our staff and patrons are our top priority at APL. Due to this concern, we are following guidelines set by state and local health departments and the CDC to keep our staff and patrons safe during the COVID-19 health emergency. Here are the steps we are taking:
- Employees will conduct self-assessments on their physical health and not enter the building if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms not attributed to allergies or other known conditions.
- All returned materials from patrons will be quarantined based upon current best practices
- We are employing enhanced sanitation protocols for the library, including regular cleaning of high-touch services
- Encouraging and enhancing the ability of staff and patrons to wash their hands or take other hygiene measures such as the use of hand sanitizer, placed at public work desks
- Complying with social distancing requirements as outlined by the CDC, including maintaining a six-foot distance from other staff and patrons when possible, and employing the use of face masks and gloves when appropriate
We look forward to serving you in the days to come, and we can’t wait to see you again!