Applying for a library card:
Acceptable forms of Photo ID (must have at least one)
- driver’s license or state ID
- student ID
- military ID card
- employer-issued ID card or badge with both first/last name
Acceptable ways to confirm address (must have at least one)
- any of the Photo ID forms that include the home address
- pre-printed checks printed on “security” paper
- current lease agreement
- utility bill (water, gas, electric, land-line telephone or trash
service) dated within the past 30 days. (No cell phone bills.)
A bill in the spouse’s name is acceptable as long as the last
name is the same.
Any applicant without the proper address verification ID can request that APL mail them a postcard as address verification. (This postcard option is only available to residents of Black, Lynn, Marrs, Point or Robinson townships.)
Bestseller Express titles: $.25/day
Board Games: $1.00/day
All other materials: $.05/day
Black and White printing: First 5 black and white pages from a computer or noncirculating items are free; $.10 per page after the 5 page limit is reached
Color printing: $1.00/side
Fax: $1.00/page; add $2.00 for a long distance call
- First, either present your checked out materials or your library card to one of our circulation desk staff and ask to have your materials renewed. You may not renew materials over the phone.
You can also log on to AlexCAT and renew your materials via the web:
- Click on the iBistro logo to enter AlexCAT, then select “My Account” from the top navigation bar.
- Click “Renew My Materials” then enter your 14-digit barcode number into the box for “User ID”. Your User ID number is the number on the back of your library card, beginning with 29205. Do not enter an alternate ID or PIN.
- You may choose to “Renew All” items, or “Renew Selected Items”, and then click the boxes next to your titles to choose which items to renew.
- Click the “renew selected items” button at the bottom. You’re finished!
In addition to returning materials to the library, there are two locations outside of the library building were you may return borrowed materials:
- Outside of the library on 5th Street, there are two drop boxes – one for books, and another for audiovisual materials
- At the parking lot of Marrs Elementary School off Highway 62 is a drop box for both books and audiovisual materials