Applying for a library card:
Acceptable forms of Photo ID (must have at least one)
- driver’s license or state ID
- student ID
- military ID card
- employer-issued ID card or badge with both first/last name
Acceptable ways to confirm address (must have at least one)
- any of the Photo ID forms that include the home address
- pre-printed checks printed on “security” paper
- current lease agreement
- utility bill (water, gas, electric, land-line telephone or trash
service) dated within the past 30 days. (No cell phone bills.)
A bill in the spouse’s name is acceptable as long as the last
name is the same.
Any applicant without the proper address verification ID can request that APL mail them a postcard as address verification. (This postcard option is only available to residents of Black, Lynn, Marrs, Point or Robinson townships.)
Black and white copies: 10¢ per side for letter and legal size papers,
Color copies: 25¢ per side for letter and legal size papers
Patrons receive a 50¢ “credit” each day for printing from Library workstations or through mobile printing. Any additional pages are charged 10¢ per side for black and white, and 25¢ per side for color. If patrons provide their own paper, copies are still charged 10¢ per side for black and white, and 25¢ per side for color.
Fax: $1.00 regardless of number of pages or type of call
You may renew your materials one of two ways at APL:
- First, either present your checked out materials or your library card to one of our circulation desk staff and ask to have your materials renewed. You may not renew materials over the phone.
You can also log on to AlexCAT and renew your materials via the web:
- Click on the iBistro logo to enter AlexCAT, then select “My Account” from the top navigation bar.
- Click “Renew My Materials” then enter your 14-digit barcode number into the box for “User ID”. Your User ID number is the number on the back of your library card, beginning with 29205. Do not enter an alternate ID or PIN.
- You may choose to “Renew All” items, or “Renew Selected Items”, and then click the boxes next to your titles to choose which items to renew.
- Click the “renew selected items” button at the bottom. You’re finished!
In addition to returning materials to the library, there are two locations outside of the library building were you may return borrowed materials:
- Outside of the library on 5th Street, there are two drop boxes – one for books, and another for audiovisual materials
- At the parking lot of Marrs Elementary School off Highway 62 is a drop box for both books and audiovisual materials